Adding a Slideshow to your Store
A Slideshow Component is an place where you can add a slideshow to a page. To add one, go to the style editor by selecting the button by that name on the top of the page. Once in the style editor, click on the blue button with a plus sign.
In the component menu that opens on the right side of the page, select ‘Layout 1’ under ‘SLIDESHOW’. This adds the component to the page.
Once the slideshow is added a configuration menu opens up on the right side of the page. You can edit the colors, the options, and the slides.
Under ‘COLORS’ you can change the background color of the slideshow component.
Here you can customize the height of the slideshow and the way the slides transition from one to another.
- Animation Type: This determines how the slides transition to each other. You can choose either a slide or fade effect.
- Rotational Interval: This sets how long each slide remains in place before the slideshow automatically advances. If 0 seconds is chosen then the slides can only be moved manually by the viewer.
- Slideshow Height: This is the height of the slideshow.
Here you add your slides and set options for each slide you add. PNG or JPG files are recommended. Options Include:
- Increase Contrast: Changes the color of text on the slide to provide better contrast to the colors of the uploaded image.
- Heading: This is the main text added to the slide.
- Subheading: This is text that is smaller and below the heading.
- Button Text: If you enter text here it will create a button on the slide with the text. Clicking the button will follow the link you provide below.
- Link: This is a URL to direct people to. If you added button text the link will be used for the button. If you didn’t enter button text the whole slide will be clickable with this link.
- Text Position: This is the alignment of text and the button in the slide.
- Delete Slide: Removes the slide from the slideshow.
To add additional slides to the slideshow click the blue “ADD SLIDE” button at the bottom of the slide list.
When you are done editing, save your work by clicking the save & publish button at the top right of the page.